9.03.2006

Curses and Curtains

Fast as it is, feels like soft lava carrying me down to sea and dissolving the flesh and vestigial bones. What a solipsist! An egoist! And? And too democratic a soul, or else a coward. A rambling sidestep, pointing towards, but not at. It is maybe time to dismantle this perverse communication. I know too well the manipulation of rhetoric and sincerity which makes things too easy and overwhelmingly frightening. Some serpentine monster stretched through my intestines, lungs, heart, nose, eyes, brain, woven through the teeth; I fear the bellybutton scar and all it means with me and with us. Listen, I know this is obtuse and how it could be and how it could very well be the only way to where I am.

There are plenty of domesticated human stories that do not interest me enough to go on about now or maybe ever. A wet dog walks into a bar and is given water. No, I get too much from this performance to stop, even and especially as I take on the aspect of this snakeish thing which is born of the umbilical scar you can feel the beginning worm of which just behind the navel. Melt the vestigial bones, the tonsils, the appendices! Cold blood and hot electric current. Declarative navigation with loose rudder! Dogs playing poker! Drinking water! Swinging a hammer! Drinking sulfuric acid! Taking off the glasses before going to sleep!

Can't sleep. Bed's on fire.

No comments: